Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You'll Never Walk Alone

I dont often get to chat about this stuff with my usual company but I figured why not put it out on here.

If you don't know I have been trying to get into international soccer for the past few years and I've attached myself to an English Premier league team; Liverpool FC. This season they are participating in the FA Cup, Champions League, and of course the premier league (two international tournaments, and the English seasonal league).

If you don't count their premiership performance they're doing quite well. However you can't discount the largest grossing soccer league in the world...in which they cant seem to do anything but suck. I was told awhile back that in Soccer, a tie is often times as good as a win. Not in the case of the Reds. Merrysiders cant seem to get a win, but 5 draws in a row seems fine right? WRONG. Ugh, I can't really explain it since all my soccer info i get from http://soccernet.espn.go.com/index?cc=5901 and http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team?id=364&cc=5901
but basically, the team has given up on premier league hopes and focused on Champions etc. Its a shame really.

No comments: