Friday, March 27, 2009

Success?

I am currently sitting at the gate for my flight from atl back home after my interview. I believe it went well, this is all I will say bout it till monday, when I will find out for sure how well it went.

its been raining really hard here the past few days and every flight has been pushed back a significant amount. My orignal departure time was scheduled to be 8pm. Not that bad, gave me some time to get a decent meal at the airport.

as I live and breathe I stand (well, sit) before the great blue wall o time tables and my flight now leaves at 2:04 AM

you didn't misread that. 2 in the frakkin morning.

As I understood it, airports close down around midnight...but I guess this flight to new bern is an exception considering the EWN airport is where they store the jets for this (2x a day) flight. So pretty mcuh no matter what Im getting out of ATL tonight/tomorrow. I can only hope its not daylight again when it happens.

What follows is a summary of my day at LM Aero in Mareitta GA

7:45 am, I arrive at LM's vistor center, nigh soaked from head to toe in my good suit, as it had started to pour felines and canines just after I got away from the hotel.

Imagine my suprise to see a number of other college or just post college aged people similarly attired. I was unaware this was going to be a group interview. Thankfully they were all here for different jobs, I only met one other gentlemen interviewing for the same position as me.

I spent the morning in a conference room waiting and meeting with LM peoples to sort out paperwork, get reimbusment papers, and the like and to actually have my interview.

After this period a lunch was had at their supremely well appointed cafeteria.

And then we come to the heart of the matter, the redeeming feature of this trip should I not be extended a job offer, the tour of the C-130J, P3, and F-22 Assembly factory. To me, a meche graduate with a supreme boner for military aircraft and LM (the company) in particular this was an orgasmic experience. I got as close to an F-22 as any civilian not working for LM can get.

Seeing the C-130 (super hercules) up close was eye opening too, that plane is frakkin enourmous even in its barebones state. The propeller blades is about as tall as I am and made completely of fiberglass composite.

There may be more if I think about it in the 8 hours I have left in this gods forsaken airport so stay...tuned? Do you tune in to the internutz?

Love, Peace, and Taco Grease

FT

No comments: